The Bushbuckridge Local Municipality which is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer seeks to appoint suitably qualified person/s for the position of:
POST : RECORDS OFFICER
DIRECTORATE : Corporate Services
REMUNERATION : R 322,519.27
CENTRE : Head Office
- Manages all records of the municipality at the registry by assigning the documents with file numbers
- File the records of the municipality at the registry using file plan
- Ensure that the registry has proper resources in order to function properly by advising the Records clerk which items to order and recommendations
- Files documents using a filling index
- Creates the filling system according to the National Archives Directive R5 to ensure that Bushbuckridge filling system is designed according to the National Archives standards
- Decides what records have permanent value by assessing the value of each record in consultation with the National Archivist and the relevant personnel in each department.
- Implementing State Records Committee approved record retention schedules and documenting
authorized destructions of obsolete records.
- Maintaining information on what record series have been scheduled and conducting periodic
reviews to update information as changes occur. Annual reviews are very helpful
Requirements, qualifications, experience and skills
- Grade 12
- At least a National Diploma in Records Management
- Computer literacy ( an added advantage)
- 2 years experience as a senior records clerk
- Knowledge & understanding of Batho- Pele
- Knowledge of common file classification conventions (including, but not limited to, alphabetic, numeric, geographic, and subject-based filing systems)
- Knowledge of common personal computer software tools
- Knowledge of how digital files are stored on personal computers, network file servers, and off-line media such as CDs, backup tapes, and optical storage devices
- Knowledge of retention scheduling procedures
- Ability to gain cooperation from all Department employees involved in records storage, retrieval, and disposal (which means ALL employees, since no one works without creating and using records)
Application forms can be accessed from our website: www.bushbuckridge.gov.za or collected from Head Office (Bushbuckridge), including all our eleven (11) Regional Offices.
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements are invited to forward their comprehensive CVs, certified copies of Identity Document and qualifications to the following address;
Any falsification information be it in a form of postal or residential address, qualification, references or any other information given by the applicant will lead to dismissed upon discovery by the employer.
|The Administrator||Hand delivery to office no 55(Registry)|
|Bushbuckridge Local Municipality||R533 Graskop Road|
|Private Bag X 9308||Bushbuckridge|
NB If you are not contacted within six weeks after the closing date, consider your application as being unsuccessful. The municipality subscribes to the Employment Equity Act and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The municipality reserves the right not to appoint
Closing date : 2015 October 24
Last modified: December 19, 2016